Text size :
Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for enforcing and ensuring the compliance of the Road Traffic Act and regulations.
2. Monitor and investigate the received complaints from public.
3. Conduct roadblocks and patrols, join operation with police.
4. Issuance of compound for an offense according to Road Traffic act and regulations of Brunei Darussalam.
Carry out control over the movement of commercial vehicles from
neighboring states of Sabah and Sarawak in and out at all control posts
after being given letters (permits) approval from the Motor Transport Licensing Authority (MTLA).
6. Conduct a special operation by Enforcement officers before and after working hours (Friday, Sunday and Public Holidays).
Prepare a report on vehicle and driver who violated road traffic rules
and regulation for the court through the Royal Brunei Police Force for
the purpose of prosecution.
Disseminate information, guidelines and awareness to the public and
especially road users about road safety and road traffic regulations.
Receive instructions from time to time from the Director and Deputy
Director of the Land Transport Department in matters related to
Copyright © Land Transport Department, Ministry of Communications, Brunei Darussalam. All Right Reserved.